Saturday, May 19, 2012

It's a Boy!










My beautiful best friend Ashley is having a boy and I couldn't be more excited!  Her nursery has a bird theme so it was the obvious choice for her baby shower.  I made no bake cookies with jelly beans inside to create mini "bird's nest".  The jelly beans are from the Ice Cream Parlor line so they have a speckled natural look to them, perfect for the "eggs".  My favorite were the sugar cookies because the came out so nice.  To decorate them I simply cut out fondant circles with a cookie cutter, then using a bird stamp, stamped each one, finishing with dots around the edge with royal icing. I also made chocolate cake pops with chocolate icing and an almond cake with coconut buttercream icing that was demolished within minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment